Sunday, June 9, 2013

Can You Dig It?

This is hopefully the first of many posts. I would like to start out with the fact that it is summer vacation. Nothing beats hot weather that makes your shorts stick to the back of your legs, tall glasses of lemonade, and a mission statement to lie beneath the shade of a tree at least once a week. While my mother screams at me from the other side of town to go do something with my life, I sit in my bedroom and read aging books and Calvin and Hobbes treasuries. I jump out of my room, annoy my mother to no end about her obsession with her favorite food channel show, and then watch countless hours of ESPN. This, my few followers, is the beginning of Nostalgia. The Calvin and Hobbes collection I'm currently reading is There's Treasure Everywhere, which starts with this strip:
Indeed, my six year old counterpart, there is treasure in all places. my treasure these next few months will hopefully lie in memories. Memories of watching Gilmore Girls with my mother, memories of listening to Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless duke it out on ESPN First Take, memories of running on hot asphalt and working out in parched fields, and memories of reading Steinbeck's Cannery Row while listening to Modest Mouse. Today, the Heat punished the Spurs and I found my Vibrams had hole in them, but tomorrow, a whole new day of vacation awaits.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment